FragranceNet.com

Thursday

Are You Going to Eat All That?

I recently attended a family gathering. The table was adorned with various dishes and desserts. Not being shy about my appetite, I took the plunge and topped my plate with generous helpings of my favorite dishes. Not so much that the rest of my family would starve, but enough so that I wouldn't.

By this time, all eyes were on me. Bear in mind, I am not a pig. I just don't see the point in being modest. If I'm hungry, I eat. It's a healthy habit that more celebrities should practice. That's why I was oddly amused when a family member asked, "Are you going to eat all that?" with obvious disapproval in their tone. What did they think I was planning to do with the food, send a care package to Alaska?

After that (non isolated) incident, I began to think about people's obsession with critiquing how much full figured women (and men) eat. Why does everyone want to peek at what is on the fat girl's plate? Maybe it's because that's where all the good food is (wink, wink). What do you think?

No comments: