FragranceNet.com

Tuesday

Fall's Hottest Makeup Trends

I'll admit that when I saw celebrities like Mia Tyler rocking the smoky eye look, I thought, "I guess the domestic abuse look is in this season." As much as it aches my ego to do so, I must retract my previous position on the subject. That's right, I'm a convert!

The "eyes" have it with this fall's makeup trend. It's all about dark, smoldering, exotic eyes. Those dramatic eyes are evened out with soft lips and toned-way-down cheeks. If you have very fair skin, you shouldn't go quite as heavy on the dark shadow, as this can make you look tired and washed out. Instead, try using warm browns and medium greys, and deep mascara to complement your complexion. Gals with more pigmentation can usually get away with a full onslaught of deep browns, greens, and grey eyeshadow. Don't forget to liven up those lashes!

To recreate the smoky eye look, Sephora.com recommends Fusion Beauty full Out Pout ($49), LORAC Starry-Eyed Baked Eyeshadow Trio ($24), and Sephora Lash Plumper ($16). I personally didn't want to spend that much money during my experimentation phase. So, guess what I did. Give up? Okay, I'll spill. I hit up E.L.F. Cosmetics for their Earth & Water Mascara Duo, Hypershine Gloss - Joy,and Brightening Eye Color - Luxe. All of which cost me a whopping...$3.00! Not too shabby.





No comments: